Wednesday 14 May 2008

Baby update...

Well, here we are in the middle of May and I haven't done a proper post for almost a month. Time flies when you're having fun! :) I'm 31 weeks now and feeling pretty good. Getting tired again and when I come home from work I just collapse on the couch until Eldon gets home. It's really not helping me get my study done! Anyway, you know how you go through phases of questions when you are pregnant, "how far along are you" and "do you know what you're having" and "my, are you sure you're only having one?" Well....I'll tell you what stage I'm at now..."when are you going to finish work"????? And that is a big question...I am feeling so good right now that I just can't make a decision yet. I'm torn between working until I'm ready to quit for that little bit extra money and staying at home studying because I need to get it done. I'm still working at least 3 full days a week and some weeks I work the other two days for a few hours. I have a very understanding boss and she is pretty happy to let me choose when to work. So my answer is "I don't know!!!" :) There is a joke going around right now that I'll just work right up until I go into labour and then they'll just divert my phone into the delivery room. Doctors can come and pile things on the bed and surely it'll keep my mind off the pain, right? Yeah, right....likely. :)

Anyway, we are definitely on the countdown...60 days to go I see on my little calendar. 9 weeks to go and counting. Mom and Dad have booked their tickets to come over and that makes it more final and more exciting as well! Can't wait for them to get here. I'm in denial about all the things I need to order online before the baby comes...nappies, nursing bras, I have a list somewhere a mile long. If only I could find it....

In other exciting news, we are having our annual "special meetings week." The brother workers from Perth arrived on Monday, Peter Doecke and Brett Rundle. The sisters from SA/NT arrived Monday night on the bus, Linda Larson and Rowanne Winnum (sp?). We've had Rowanne here for 2 nights and are getting Brett tonight for 2 nights. Our little Wed. study meeting might just be a very big meeting tonight so we'll have to kerb our usual sermons. :) Sunday is the actual special meeting and then they all fly to Darwin on Monday. We are really enjoying them!

Well, better make this it....need to get the room ready for Brett.

Love, Sarah

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I want a picture!!! :)

Wishful Thinking said...

Glad you are feeling so good! Yeah ... I remember all those questions. I had lots of people ask me with Aaron if I was having twins, but I think I was heaps bigger with Maddison! Was sure I would be early with her! Nah ... still overdue. Oh well. Hope you don't have that especially if it's warm weather. Lovely to have visitors. Enjoy your special mtgs.

Sandra Ramey said...

Yup! 60 days and counting! We are very excited to get this trip going! I'm sure people love you even when they say "are you sure you're not having twins?"
So glad you are having specials now...such a nice treat!
Loves

Wrena said...

Glad to hear your news!

Penny said...

Oooo... getting closer :)

I quit work a month before with both mine. Seemed to work ok for me. I could have gone a bit longer but it's nice to come home and do a few things like nesting which in my case was cleaning windows. Heh heh! Tim came 10 days early and Lydia 10 days late - go figure! I remember those questions. I even got the "Haven't you had that baby yet?" at the morning mtg the day I gave birth. Had to restrain myself and not answer back rudely. ;)

Enjoy your meetings!

Soooo... where is the necessary photo of this belly?

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

You might like to check out this acupressure for labour link. Was great for me, and Sheena too.